Reset a Windows Mini PC without the
Hold down shift while restarting the computer. This will bring you to the Advanced Options Menu
- Click either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be uninstalled.
- Select “Just remove my files” or “Remove files and clean the drive” if you chose to “remove everything” in the prior step. Cleaning the drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving the computer away, the next person will have a hard time recovering your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose “Just remove my files.”
- Click Next if Windows warns you that you won’t be able to roll back to a prior version of the OS.
- Click Reset when prompted.Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.
- Click Continue when prompted.
If you have the password you can follow the directions at How to Reset Your Windows Mini PC for directions.