Microsoft Office for Android Tablets – Finally..
Who doesn’t love the excellent features of Microsoft Office? I guess we all do; in fact, we don’t just love its features, but we have adapted it as a part of our daily life. Adjusting your habits to any new office program is very annoying as well as difficult. In time Microsoft realized that smartphone and tablet users miss their favorite program and last month Microsoft announced the Office for all smartphones and tablets including Android, iOS and Windows based devices.
The Office for Android tablets features complete compatibility and all the functions that you could operate from your computer. According to Microsoft, they have built the Office from the scratch and optimized it for best results on an Android tablet. It features all functionalities of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. These apps are separately available for free download from the Google Play Store.
Here is how you can install the Microsoft Office on your Android tablet:
- Go to the Google Play Store app on your tablet
- Search for Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote (All these apps are separately available and not like a Microsoft Office bundle that we usually install on our computers)
- Install the Office app you wish to use
- Open the installed app and swipe past the introduction and tap on Sign In
- On the Sign In page, enter your Microsoft account and tap Next
- Enter your account password on this page and tap Next (You just have to Sign In for one app and your account will be automatically added to all the other Office apps on your tablet)
- Tap on Create and Edit Documents to start using your Office files on your Android tablet
- You are ready to go!
The system requirements for Office on Android tablets are currently as follows:
- A 7-inches or bigger screen size (Office 365 subscription needed for tablets with a screen bigger than 10.1-inches)
- ARM based processor
- At least 1GB of RAM
- Android KitKat 4.4 or below (Lollipop is not yet supported)